Laser Hair Removal
No more shaving, tweezing or waxing
The first MedSpa to offer laser hair removal with Lumenis SPLENDOR X in North Dallas area, Earthbound Skin Spa has the experience and expertise to produce excellent, long-lasting treatment outcomes.
What Makes the SPLENDOR X Special?
Ideal for all skin types
Faster and fewer sessions
SPLENDOR X features a unique square-shaped laser spot that safely covers every single inch of skin being treated. The square spot shape eliminates overlap and hot spots for uniform skin coverage. All other hair removal laser applicators worked with a round spot size, which makes uniform coverage almost impossible. The Dual Cooling System (DCS) combines cooled air and a cooled tip to protect your skin and ensure a very comfortable treatment.
Small: Areola, Chin, Jaw lines, Unibrow, Sideburns, Ears, Upper Lip, Toes, Fingers, Navel, Bikini line (Women Only)
Medium: Full face, Lip & Chin, Front or Back of Neck, Inner Thighs, Upper Shoulders (Women Only), Upper or Lower Arms (Women Only), Happy trail, Under Arms (Arm pits)
Large: Abdominal or upper chest, Brazilian, Upper or lower back (Men only), Full back (Women only), Upper or lower legs, Buttock
• You must shave the hair of the body part to be treated. If you cannot shave yourself, then advise the technician and our staff prior to treatment in order schedule extra time in the appointment and we can do it for you for a fee of $100 per area per occurrence.
• Do not wax, pluck or use depilatories during your series of laser hair reduction
• Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UVA rays.
• Do not use self-tanning products for 1 to 2 weeks prior to and/or post treatment.
• Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) or Hydroquinone at least 3 days prior to treatment.
• Many medications that are sun sensitive will also make your skin more sensitive to the laser. Please disclose any medications that you may be taking.
• If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to your laser hair treatment.
• Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
• Longevity of Botox and fillers done any time within 6 months prior to face treatment may be affected. Botox done within 2 weeks prior to treatment is not recommended.
REMEMBER - Laser hair reduction is never 100%. Industry standard is 75 to 90% reduction in the hairs. Not all hairs will be destroyed. Hormones can cause hair to grow back.
Laser Hair Reduction Post Treatment Instructions
• Patient response can vary after a hair reduction treatment. Erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) around the hair follicles in the treated area are usually noted within a few minutes after the completion of the procedure and typically resolve completely within 24-48 hours. A sun burn sensation in the area treated is also normal and expected.
• The treated area must be treated with care. BE GENTLE! Do not scratch or pick at your skin.
• A cold compress can be used to provide comfort if the treated area is especially warm. This is typically only needed within the first 12 hours after the treatment.
• You may experience small red bumps around the hair follicle. This is normal and expected. Do not pick, rub or scratch these until they have cleared. Your skin overall may be sensitive for several days following your laser hair removal treatment.
• Vitamin E, Aloe Vera or Hydrocortisone cream applied to the treatment area my provide a soothing effect. In the unusual case of crusting of the skin or a blister in the treated area, apply an antibiotic ointment twice a day to the affected areas. Do not pick at these areas as this may result in infection or scarring. Keep the affected area moist and avoid direct sunlight.
• Use of scented lotions or soaps, deodorants, exfoliated creams (Retin-A, glycolic/salicylic and alpha-hydroxy acids), acne creams or gels, loofa sponges and aggressive scrubbing.
• Hot or cold water- wash with tepid water
• Swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/chlorine
• Activities that cause excessive perspiration
• Avoid hot tubs, Jacuzzi tubs, saunas, hot yoga, and/or vigorous exercise.
• Do not sunbathe or use a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks following your treatment. If you need to be out in the sun, wear an SPF 30 minimum.
• If an antiviral medication, such as Valtrex, has been prescribed for you, continue to take as directed.
In rare cases, hives have been reported after Laser hair reduction treatments.
If you experience an irritated raised rash after the treatment, contact our office. Benadryl may be taken to help relieve the itchiness.
Do not use the following hair removal methods or products on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments: tweezing, waxing, and depilatories, as it will prevent you from achieving your best results; you may shave. Strictly avoid any sun exposure, including tanning beds, to the treated area for a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. The treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change. Keep the area covered and use a sunscreen with a protection factor of 30+. Delayed blistering secondary to sun exposure has been noted up to 72 hours post treatment. Hair may take up to 4 weeks, or in some cases, as little as a few days, to fall out following treatment. Do not be alarmed if hairs appear to be "growing" during this time.
Subsequent treatments are based upon your clinician's recommendation and are typically 4-6 weeks apart depending on the area being treated. The number of treatments necessary will depend on the body location, the amount of hair present , the character the hair, and your skin type.
Please call our office during normal business hours if you have any questions or concerns.