For many people, cellulite is a very real problem. When stubborn fat pockets don’t respond to regular diet and exercise, it’s all too easy to grow frustrated and consider resorting to surgery for a fix. But thanks to EarthBound Medspa, cellulite removal doesn’t have to involve invasive surgery and an extended recovery period. As an established medical spa in Plano, TX, we offer a number of options for cellulite removal that can be performed in our comfortable facility.
At EarthBound Med spa, we understand how important it is to feel good about the way your body looks. That’s why our cellulite removal treatments are designed to produce results that will enhance your appearance and improve your confidence. When you visit our convenient Plano, TX medical spa, we’ll take the time to evaluate your problem areas, review your aesthetic goals and concerns, and devise a course of treatment suited specifically for you.
Fight back against unwanted fat with cellulite removal treatment from EarthBound Med spa. Call today to schedule your consultation.
What is VelaShape?
VelaShape™ is the only FDA cleared device that effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas in as little as 4 treatments.
VelaShape™ features the revolutionary elōs™ combination of Bi-Polar Radiofrequency (RF), Infrared Light Energy, plus Vacuum and Mechanical Massage.
The precise heating ensures a safe, effective, fast treatment with no downtime.
Vacuum and specially designed rollers for the Mechanical Massage smooth out the skin to facilitate safe and efficient heat energy delivery. The net result increases the metabolism of stored energy, increases lymphatic drainage and reduces or shrinks the size of the actual fat cells and fat chambers.
• Gradual smoothing of skin’s surface with a noticeable reduction in cellulite
• Circumferential Reduction, with noticeable reshaping of the treated area
In a clinical multi-center study, 85% of the treated areas have reported Circumferential Reduction of thighs of at least 1cm; ranging up to 7.2cm in reduction.
With VelaShape™ it is easy to enhance your body, improve your lifestyle and feel better about yourself!
Trust the VelaShape™ procedure*:
• First and only FDA-cleared non-invasive medical solution for Circumferential Reduction*
• Virtually painless non-surgical and non-invasive treatment resulting in no downtime – you can return to your daily activities immediately following treatment
• The precise heating of the targeted treatment area ensures a safe and effective treatment
• Effective on all skin types and all skin color
• Reduces appearance of cellulite
• Smooth’s out skin after weight loss
• Reshapes and tones loose skin
• Proven safe and effective for treating cellulite
• Reduced inches after liposuction
• Easy to administer
• No downtime
• Get right back to your day when finished!
How Do I Prepare for my VelaShape Treatment?
Because your VelaShape procedure is completely non-invasive, there is very little that you need to do in preparation. Our main recommendations are as follows:
• Avoid use of blood thinning drugs like aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba for two days before and after your treatment.
• Cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
• Any health conditions must be disclosed prior to treatment.
• Shower prior to treatment.
• We need your skin to be dry and clean, so please make sure you do not put lotions, tanning lotions etc,
• Avoid lotion or moisturizer applications in areas treated prior to appointment.
• Wear loose fitting clothes – the discomfort that you will experience during and after your appointment will be similar to a mild sunburn. As such, you should avoid wearing tight fitting jeans or similar pant.
• Do not eat a big meal prior to treatment – VelaShape works best on skin that is not taut. Therefore, if you have decided on VelaShape treatments for your stomach area, you should eat a small meal two or more hours prior to your appointment time
• Drink plenty of water for two or three days prior to your appointment – the VelaShape procedure breaks down fat cells so that they may be metabolized by the body and excreted. When your body is fully hydrated, this metabolism process is enhanced.
• If you are taking any prescription medications or if you have recently undergone any surgical procedures, please make those facts known to your wellness and aesthetic counselor. While VelaShape is appropriate for most patients, it is a medical procedure
• Following your VelaShape session, you are free to resume regular activities as you wish. We generally recommend that you avoid strenuous exercise the day of your treatment and perhaps for a day or two thereafter. Any residual soreness you feel should be over within 48 to 72 hours.
• Following treatment, we recommend that you drink plenty of water to aid in the metabolism of broken down fat cells
• Following treatment, we suggest that you avoid large meals that might expand your stomach – instead eat five or six small meals per day for the two or three days following treatment.
• Avoid exercise for 24 hours post treatment.
• Areas treated may be tender post treatment for up to 72 hours.
• The skin may appear pink and warm for up to 72 hours post treatment.
• Avoid alcohol for 24 hours post treatment.
• Follow up treatments should be scheduled once weekly for 4-6 weeks.
• Maintenance treatments should be scheduled as directed by the technician to maintain long term results.
• Adequate diet and significant water intake should be followed to maintain hydration while enhancing body contour results achieved by VelaShape.
• An exercise regimen is recommended both during and after series of VelaShape to promote increased results.
Pregnant or planning to be pregnant– generally mothers can safely start treatment 6 weeks after childbirth unless breast feeding, Pacemaker, Internal Defibrillator, or Severe Cardiac Disorders– although no known studies have proven any real hazard, there’s not enough evidence to prove its safety either Diabetes– the body’s inability or lowered ability to regulate blood sugar and fat levels can significantly hinder the proper removal of fat cell contents from the lymphatic system, thus lowering the overall effectiveness of the treatments Thyroid problems– thyroid regulates overall metabolism of the body, thus it can deter the proper disposal of fat contents from the body, and hence also lower the overall effectiveness of the treatments
Current or history of skin cancer or pre-malignant moles– In order to avoid and prevent any further irritation to these conditions treatment of body areas with these conditions should not be preformed. We recommend you talk with your physician before committing to any treatment.
Any active skin conditions– It is best to schedule treatment when any skin conditions in treatment areas such as sores, psoriasis, eczema, herpes and rash are no longer active to avoid and prevent any further irritation of skin.
Superficial metal or other implants– In order to avoid any disturbance to the superficial metal or implant that is present in treatment areas we recommend you talk with your physician before committing to any treatment.
Tattoos– Areas with tattoos should not be used with VelaShape or VaserShape.
Alcohol and Caffeine– These substances will slow down lymphatic drainage of fatty acids and toxin. For best results, please try to avoid or reduce your intake of products that contain them during the course of treatment.
Customers who are on a wide range of medications, or have any other types of metabolic problems, should consult their physicians prior to any treatments.
• How does VelaShape™ work?
VelaShape™ uses combined energies known as elōs™ to precisely target and heat fatty tissues within the treatment area. In addition, the vacuum and tissue manipulation evens out the skin to reveal a smoother figure
• On what body areas can I be treated for Circumference Reduction?
With VelaShape™, you can be treated on body areas such as the thighs and buttocks. The two applicators (VSmooth & VContour) on the VelaShape™ device are designed for large and small body areas; therefore, treatment is safe and effective.
• How quickly will I notice a change?
Gradual improvement of the treated area can be seen following the first treatment – with the skin surface of the treated area feeling smoother. Results in Circumference and Cellulite Reduction will be most apparent 6-8 weeks following the final treatment session.
• How many inches can I reduce from my circumference?
In clinical studies, patients report an average reduction of about 1 inch post treatment series. In clinical trials, the range of Circumferential Reduction was between 0.5-3 inches.
• How do I improve and maintain the VelaShape™ results?
Following your complete treatment regimen, it is recommended to get maintenance treatments periodically. Like all non-surgical or surgical techniques, results will last longer if you follow a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
• Is treatment safe?
FDA cleared the device as safe and effective for all skin types and colors. Short term effects can include mild bruising or redness.
• Does this treatment suit me?
The majority of the population is suitable for receiving the VelaShape™ treatment. You should consult with your physician prior to receiving treatments. For treatment contra-indications, please refer to your local Syneron representative.
• What is the feeling during treatment?
Most patients claim that the treatment is pleasant, followed by a deep heating sensation beneath their skin.
• Does the treatment hurt?
Most patients find VelaShape™ treatments comfortable – like a warm deep tissue massage. The treatment is designed to accommodate your sensitivity and comfort level. It is normal to experience a warm sensation for a few hours post treatment. Your skin may also appear redder than usual for several hours.
• How will I feel after treatment?
It is normal to have an inner heated sensation for up to a few hours post treatment. In some cases, mild redness can be observed.
• What are the VelaShape™ advantages compared to other methods?
Our advantage is our technology. Today, there are no other methods available that include a combination of Bi-Polar RF, Infrared Light, Vacuum and Mechanical Massage like VelaShape™, and no other method can guarantee the clinically proven results, efficacy and safety in 4 treatments as the VelaShape™.